18 May 16
A LIVING ROOM YOU CAN LOUNGE AROUND IN
Beyond the bedroom, the living room is the one place in the home where we can really relax. It is somewhere to retreat with a glass of wine (or two, don’t worry we won’t tell anyone!) after a long, hard day at work or to kick back and put your feet up in front of the TV.
It’s not all about lounging around however, being such a popular space with the whole family, the living room can be a real pain to keep clean! Just think of all the cup marks on the coffee table, the dust around the TV and the food and drink stains on the settee. *Sigh*
Sometimes it requires more than just a quick blitz around each week to keep on top of a room that is used so regularly. The good news is that a deep clean doesn’t have to be difficult. To give you a helping hand we have put together some step-by-step instructions to complete a thorough clean of your living room from top to bottom. We’ll have you relaxing again in no time….
- Start by clearing out the clutter, which will give you the room to do a more thorough clean. Take 15 minutes to remove all the ‘stuff’ that you no longer need. Check under rugs and behind sofas and chairs as there’s always something hiding away that you had forgotten about. You never know you might find something you’ve been looking for in the process!
- Dust down the living room ceiling light shades and corners of walls, blowing away those pesky cob webs you’ve been ‘meaning to get around too’. Also, don’t forget tops of door frames, units, light switches, pictures and frames too. Ideal for the job in hand is our Dust Buster Duster, it not only attracts and holds onto it like a magnet but it is also bendable so can get to those hard to reach places making cleaning that little bit easier.
- Onto the Windows, clean the inside and outside using our Window & Glass Cleaner to help make your home look bright and airy. With the added natural cleaning power of vinegar, the cleaner will cut through grease and grime, leaving your windows with a crystal, streak free shine and you with a room with a view again.
- To the sofas and chairs ….using a vacuum cleaner with an attachment on it, get down the back and clean out the crevices. For those pesky stain, our Carpet and Upholstery Target Spray will penetrate deep into fibres to loosen and lift way tough marks. Make sure you test for colour fastness on a small inconspicuous area first and if good to go spray directly onto the stain, avoiding soaking. Dab foam gently and then remove with a clean damp cloth. Dry with a towel or dry cloth. Voila.
- Don’t forget the skirting boards. Taking a duster or a damp cloth give them a good wipe.
- Finally, the carpets. For large areas look to our Vac Maxx machine Carpet Shampoo. You’ll need a hoover which takes carpet shampoo, if you don’t have one there is always the options to beg or borrow from a willing friend. The formula is designed to penetrate deep into fibres to loosen and lift away tough dirt and grime, whilst neutralising unpleasant odours. For wooden floors, look to our Jasmine and Wild Berry Wood Floor Cleaner and Tangerine and Cinnamon Wood Floor Polish. They smell delicious!
We know that any cleaning job can a seem a little daunting at first so we’ve also included two tips that will help make the task less like a chore.
- Get all the family involved or partner up with a friend. Invite the children and the other half (no one gets away with it!) to help and afterwards reward them with a fun day out together. If you are partnering up with a friend, after you’ve done your living room, help them do theirs. If you scratch my back, I’ll scratch yours and all that!
- Listen to some music. Put on your favourite songs or radio station and the job will seem a whole lot more fun. Trust us, you’ll be enjoying yourself before you know it. Who said cleaning has to be boring?
You’ll have a living room that you can be proud of in no time. Now where did I leave the remote……
Our Living Room Product Check List:
- Dust Buster Duster – TBA
- Window & Glass Cleaner – www.astonishcleaners.co.uk/product/window-and-glass-cleaner/
- Vax Maxx Machine Carpet Shampoo – www.astonishcleaners.co.uk/product/vac-maxx-carpet-shampoo/
- Carpet & Upholstery Cleaner – www.astonishcleaners.co.uk/product/carpet-upholstery-target-spray/
- Wood Floor Cleaner – www.astonishcleaners.co.uk/product/jasmine-wild-berry-wood-floor-cleaner/
- Wood Floor Polish – www.astonishcleaners.co.uk/product/tangerine-cinnamon-wood-floor-polish/
Note: Always read the back of pack instructions before using.